Friday, January 20, 2012

LolCat in Catmon

There are certain things that I don't miss. Sanity, for instance. But there are certain things that you thought you don't miss but you really do. On my way home today I hitched with a group of triathletes as they head south. I had some friends in the group so I rode with them. I got used to riding trails so it was awfully lonely riding a 75-km stretch of highway by myself. But I got to for now.

I've hit my head against the wall several days ago and after that the slightest bump would cause a slight headache. It's kind of weird so don't make me explain how it happened. So I'm staying on the road these days, avoiding bumps as much as possible. I first planned of going all the way to the town center of Catmon but when I got to the public market of Catmon Daan I remembered that there's a nice road going up into the interior of nowhere in that place. So off I went. Photos below. Here's a map if you are interested.


      Carmen Church. This shot was taken three days before this post. They are having their own
      Sinulog tomorrow, the 22nd of January.


      If you think it's pretty scenic biking along the coast, it is. But it's freakin' windy too! You don't
      really want a lot of wind pushing you back when you're riding.


    A hairpin turn somewhere up in the mountain. My cornering was off today so I descended
    really slow.


   A farming method you will often see here in Cebu. Stone barriers are placed to prevent erosion.  This is a mountain made up mostly of limestone underneath so every bit of soil farmers
  could keep matters. Yes, there are limestone quarries in some areas.

   A small kubo which serves as the "station" where a farmer may rest after working hard
   early in the morning.
   This looks real good in actual. Wehehe.
   If you go real fast you'll plunge into the sea. I'm lying.
   Just a marker. Knowing the names of barangays and sitios is really important.

No comments:

Bal Marsius