Monday, February 13, 2012

Google Chapel

Instead of chasing Google through its maze of algorithm changes, which often come unannounced, don’t you think it’s about time we “boo” Big G? Come on ref, make up your mind. But then again we have to feed the Giant because it feeds us. Web techs and bloggers are keeping the chase and they will do so until a competitor tips the seesaw flat. Then we’ll be free to favor the nicer guy. Dream on. That will never happen.

***

 I do not hate Google. It is still my favorite search engine. But I appreciate it more because of Google Earth. Google Earth has helped me find a number of exciting trails. Google has really extended its definition of “search engine” into a more literal level.

***

Third year of mountain biking. Over the years, I have learned to love chapels more than churches. Asking for directions from locals will almost always involve the mentioning of chapels. Chapels serve as landmarks in the most inaccessible of areas. And where DPWH will most likely never reach, missionaries have Christianized decades ago. That’s why chapels, in their crudeness, have done more help to me than any church in Cebu. There's a lot more salvation in chapels. Yes, in my ride this morning, I passed by a chapel.

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where is this place? =)

Bal Marsius