Saturday, June 13, 2015

Coffee Jealousy: Mt Naupa, Naga, Cebu

I have a reputation for writing headings that don't coincide with the content of my posts. Well, here's another one.
***
Yesterday, I was watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S and there's this scene where Rachel was at the hospital pouring coffee. I don't know why I get jealous when I see someone pouring, drinking, smelling, brewing, buying, or grinding coffee.


Today we went to Mt. Naupa.




Chyrel, being the true mountain biker that she is, was already planning for the next ride even if she's right in the middle of one. She was eyeing the trails on the northeast and, hopefully, we can scout them soon.

I don't know why it's called "Mt." Naupa since it is technically not a mountain. Even the locals know it: they refer to the place as "buntod," which translates to "hill."



The past couple of months, I have been training with Japanese climbers at the gym. One beautiful thing I've learned from them is that they find it easy to accept the things they can't achieve or acquire at the time being. They find peace in not having.

They are not complacent. But they have a deep understanding of how time factors in the equation. They understand that the good things we desire will arrive in due time.

I hope I'm able to explain this well because lately I've been having serious doubts about my ability to write.

Cheers to a good life.

No comments:

Bal Marsius