Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Evil Cat is Not Evil

Evil Cat lives in Lazy Lizard, a hostel in San Juan, Siquijor.

Our hut at Lazy Lizard

Evil Cat may look evil but he or she is not. (I'm not sure which pronoun to use because I did not look into this detail.)

She is just misunderstood.

Evil Cat is just a thoroughly alpha cat whose state of alpha transcends her specie. She meets the characteristics of being an alpha as outlined by Frans de Waal. What makes an alpha? These are a few questions that I used to assess Evil Cat.

Is she generous? Yes, she gave so much of her time to us. A little bit more than what we wanted but alpha gotta do what alpha gotta do.

Sneaky Dog and Rascal live in harmony with Evil Cat.

Does she have empathy? I'm not sure but this is more "yes" than "no."

Can she do peacekeeping? No question. When Rascal, a dog four times her weight, came over to us, she perceived it as an intrusion of space. She would not have any of it and slapped good ol' Rascal and sent the good boy crying. She did not even really made contact with the slap. A slight swing of her paw was enough to remind Rascal of the nasty things she is capable of doing.

Evil Cat doing some patrol.

Is Evil Cat really evil? Not at all. She is just misunderstood. She has all the good traits that anyone could ask of any hostel cat. Most of the day, she lives at peace with all the other hostel dogs: Mr. Brown, Lala, Rascal, and Sneaky dog (I don't know his name but he likes to sneak around, smelling stuff).

An up-close photo of Sneaky Dog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello =) Thank you so much for this lovely post!! I have to admit, the "evil"cat is my cat actually, she lives with me next door (however I am currently not on the island that's why she is looking for attention next door), same as the sneaky doggy, also mine hahaha, her name is Tubig! I am glad you seem to have had such a nice time with them! And yes for sure, she is an alpha hahaha

Bal Marsius