Monday, December 22, 2014

Shipping Schedule for Dumaguete

I fell in love with Dumaguete when I first set foot there two years ago. It was more of a stop over than a visit to the city. But when I stayed there for a week just recently, I knew I found a new love. Now that I am based in Alegria, Cebu, just two hours by bicycle ride to the port town of Santander, I will keep going back to Dumaguete City for sure.

Last week, I took the Maayo Shipping Roll-on-roll-off (Ro-Ro) ferry. Just today, I discovered from reading SunStar news paper that Lite Ferries has started a new shipping route for Dumaguete with the Jump off point in Bato, Samboan. They claim of a “shorter travel time goin to and from Dumaguete” (I don't know if that's for real). Anyway, here's the shipping schedule I'm copying from the paper, dated 14 December 2014.

Bato, Samboan to Looc, Sibulan*

Morning

05:00 am
08:30 am
11:30 am

Afternoon

01:00 pm
04:00 pm

Evening

07:00 pm
08:30 pm
10:00 pm

*Sibulan is north of Dumaguete where Cebu ferries dock. It is 20 minutes by public commute.


Looc, Sibulan to Bato, Samboan**

Morning

05:00 am
08:30 am
11:30 am

Afternoon

01:00 pm
04:00 pm

Evening

07:00 pm
08:30 pm
10:00 pm

**As for this writing, the bridge that connects Malabuyoc to Ginatilan (the town next to Samboan) is under repair. Only vehicles weighing 5 tons or less may pass. So if you want to get from Bato to Cebu City, your best bet is to go down and around Santander then head up north via the east coast.

If you're taking the bus, the last trip from Bato, Samboan leaves at 5:45 pm. The bus from Bato stops just outside the town of Malabuyoc because it can't go over the bridge that's undergoing repair. You can walk five minutes to the town's Ceres bus stop to catch the city-bound bus. The last trip leaves between 8:30 pm and 9:00 pm.


Contact numbers for Lite Shipping

Telephone numbers

(032) 255.1721 to 26
(032) 414.9001 to 03

Mobile numbers

0917.631.5043
0928.505.9887

I don't know how much Lite Shipping's fare costs. When I boarded Maayo Shipping with my bicycle, I paid 70 pesos (the regular fare) and didn't have to pay for the bike.

I am only able to update my blog monthly because of my schedule but I'll try to keep track of the progress of Malabuyoc's bridge repair.  

No comments:

Bal Marsius